In July of 2010, I placed an order online for a new phone through Wirefly, for a T-Mobile phone.I received the phone, and although it was originally purchased with an individual plan, decided that I wanted to move the phone onto an existing family plan that I had on another account (the family rate plan was MUCH higher than the individual rate plan).

I did not think that would be an issue, and T-Mobile was more than happy to do the move for me. Then, towards the end of 2010, I received a letter in the mail saying that I owed $300 to Wirefly, the T-Mobile dealer, for changing my contract. I called and tried to get it resolved, and was given the impression by them that it had been. However, a few days ago I received a collections notice from NCO Financial, a 3rd party collections company working with Wirefly, notifying me that I owed $300 and that my credit score would be damaged if I did not pay that amount.

I was blown away!!! I had absolutely NO IDEA that purchasing a phone online through Wirefly would LOCK ME IN to my rate plan for SIX MONTHS!!! (which I have now been informed by Wirefly). They claim that I agreed to it, but I remember no such thing!!

There was NO clear disclosure that I would be charged this much money simply from changing my rate plan. I feel like I was tricked by them. It is UNCONSCIONABLE that they would do something like this without informing their customers-to-be that they are locked into a rate plan like this!!!

I cannot believe that a company would be so dishonest and underhanded!!!I feel like I have been scammed!!!

Had an Experience with Wirefly?

Comments

Hi Rmackay,

I am sorry that you are unhappy with our terms of purchase. We require all of our customers to agree to our purchase terms before we submit the order, and online there is a check box you must select before the order can be submitted where this is all clearly stated for you. You can read our purchase terms here: www.wirefly.com/purchaseterms/.

Upon reading the notes on your order, the instant saving discount that you are disputing is valid. We have verified your order with the carrier and even though this charge is from a while ago, it is valid, due to the fact that shortly after you received the phone and activated it from us, you moved it to a different account than the one we activated. This is a clear violation of our purchase terms.

If you have any further questions about our terms of purchase, you can call us at 866-852-3216 or you can email us directly at onlinesupport@wirefly.com and we will be happy to discuss them with you.

-Kim