Wirefly Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone customer service service customer order number phones verizon card cell phone
Filter review
Most helpful review

The New Wirefly Is Awesome

The New Wirefly Is Awesome
I was surprised to see that no one had reviewed the new Wirefly here, so I thought I'd chime in. Wirefly was purchased in 2014 and re-launched by new owners as a comprehensive comparison site for cell phone plans, internet, TV, and more. It has nothing to do with the old Wirefly (owned by Simplexity, which went out of business). All it has in common is the domain name which the new owners bought and built their own site on. The new Wirefly doesn't sell anything, doesn't have inventory, and doesn't ship anything. It is simply a comparison site for services so people can make informed decisions. I highly recommend Wirefly if you are comparing home services like cell phone plans or Internet.
ID
Pros
  • Design
  • Ease of use
  • Saving money
Reason of review
Good customer service

My phone was lost and/or stolen and I have no way of contacting Wirefly to replace it. I had my phone from wirefly for about a year when it was lost/stolen. And, when I tried to contact Wirefly about it, I couldn't find any contact information that worked. I have been paying monthly for the protection plan. And now i don't have a phone. But, what I don't understand is, why Wirefly would not have any contact information that can be found on the website My phone was lost and/or stolen and I have no way of contacting Wirefly to replace it.

Samsung claims the phone has "moisture damage" but they never took it apart, the warranty seal is still intact and I can not find any means to contact wirefly as I paid for the guranteed replacement protection..***! Never buy from Wirefly or Samsung again!!

Wirefly went bankrupt in March (Chapter 7). I.e.

the owners walked away from all their obligations and let a bankruptcy court deal with liquidating assets. Tough luck for anyone who was owed money and/or services, such as you.

More details at http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/13/phone-retailer-wireflysimplexity-allegedly-closing-down-and-filing-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy/

View more comments (1)
ID

I place an order for two mobile one was sent and the other was pending

hi i place an order on 14th feb with order number 38078****. in which two verizon lines with samsung galaxy note 3 an samsung galaxy s4 was bought.i have received the samsung galaxy note 3 and they send me the wrong color first then i returned it and the replacement never came to me.still the samsung galaxy s4 was pending as they say don't have it in the stock all the time.now when i call to wirefly i am get to know that they shutdown the company. i don't know what to do.please help me regarding this.

how did you pay for it. Credit card?

try calling the credit card company to launch an investigation and for credit.

Charlotte, North Carolina

WireFly= Bad Business STAY AWAY

I have never been treated so RUDE and with disrespect in my entire life and coming from a company in this day of age the one of there mainstays is Customer service, this company lacks it all departments. After ordering 2 phones on a Groupon that was then sent to Wirefly on ordering. Here it comes. Order 2 phones and order was placed and then a following email was sent for tracking purposes. Well ok get the email was saying the phones that was order well be sent on 2 different dates, Ok should been the seen the RED flags coming plus the accessory was sent in different packages.Really? Ok then once received the phones neither on said date was given pre-set up with SIM card and number already activated. Ok so I am charged for a week of service that a phone already set up with Verizon . Tried to change a number with the carrier Verizon which was fine, And then get a threatening letter from Wirefly collection department Simplexity saying I owe $400 for breach of contract. Only had phone 10 days and contract is with Verizon still and Wirefly said I broke contract. So 2 months later Wirefly still is trying to sue me even though Verizon is saying the contract originally made is the same. SO you know what stear clear of this company at ALL cost. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I am very sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your order. I would like to work with you to see if we can resolve this.

If you would please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to see if this is something we can resolve for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Loss

Worst customer service EVER!!!

What an ordeal this has been. Tried to order 2 phones days ago. Keep getting calls for more info and for the other person on my account. 30 minutes on the phone yesterday and they still didn't figure it out. Couldn't reach a live person so did online chat for 30 minutes today, they finally gave me a number to reach a live person. I called and they put me on hold for 10 minutes. I finally cancelled. These guys suck. This is why I was trying to switch companies. Looks like I almost made another big mistake. Hopefully they know how to do one thing correctly...CANCEL MY ORDER!!!

I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience. It does not sound right and I would like to work with you to address this, make sure your order is cancelled and see how I can assist you. Please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com and I will be happy to assist you ASAP.

Healdsburg, California

BUYERS BEWARE

Think twice before you purchase from this company ! I was sold a refurbished phone and when I called they lied to me and said they never sell used devices. Well I guess I must just be *** for thinking that having pictures and numbers already saved meant it was USED !!! I called and spoke to customer service, which again was a joke, none of them speak English and they made me feel like I was some kind of *** because they sold me a used phone. Had I known this was going to be such a huge waste of my time I would have spent the extra money and gone somewhere else. I really wish I had shopped around more before I used this poor excuse for a cell phone company. BUYERS BEWARE !

I am very sorry to hear you have had this experience with us. I can assure you we do not sell used or refurbished phones, we get our phones directly from the carrier or their distributors.

That being said, it is possible that they sent us a phone that was not brand new, and for that I sincerely apologize. I would like to review your order and see how we can make this right for you.

Please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com and I will review it and reach out to you ASAP. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

ID
#431975 Review #431975 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Nobody speaks English

I have been having issues with this company for over a month. It started with a defective device being shipped to me, and now it seems to just be getting worse. They won't replace my device and now I find out that the whole company is outsourced. I was dealing directly with the Office of the president and now I find out that I can no longer be transferred because they no longer exist. Terrible business practices not that I was getting anywhere before, but now I have to speak to representatives that can barely understand the English language. *** poor company !

I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems with your order. I work at our HQ in Reston, VA and would like to see how I might be able to assist you.

If you would please email me your order information, I will be happy to review it and have a manager from our HQ reach out to assist you.

You can email me at onlinesupport@wirefly.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon, so that we can try to resolve your order issues.

Cell phone

same as previous post but I have not been able to contact a person by phone 3 tries is enough for me. did get the auto post and john bailey notified but nothing. 2 weeks no communication from them cancelled order. cant believe this place is still in business. just the whole page when you view cell phone purchase from searching the internet they are the best but after looking further in this is not true. The reviews I saw on this site are about a year old I see that nothing has changed. I'll go somewhere else with my business

I am sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience ordering through us. I would like to look into this issue.

If you would please email us your order number and contact number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to review your order and have a customer service manager reach out to you concerning this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you soon! -Stefan

THEY STOLE MY CELL NUMBER

THE COMPANY HAS GREAT DEALS DUE TO HOW THEY PLACE YOU IN THERE SYSTEM,YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER THE BILL IS GOING TO BE HIGH, AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO TO YOUR PROVIDER DIRECTLY UNLESS YOU PAY THE FULL BALANCE FOR A PHONE, I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT EVEN EXCHANGE MY PHONE UNLESS I GIVE THEM MY SIM CARD LEAVING ME WITH OUT A PHONE FOR TWO WEEKS, THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU SPEAK TO A MANGER TO GET IT RESOLVED AND THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY RUDE. I GUESS AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF PAYING THE HIGH PRICES

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you have had this problem with your order from us. What you described does not sound right, and I would like to review the order to see what happened so we can work with you to resolve this.

If you would please email me at onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to look into your order and see how we can address and resolve all of your order issues. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Tampa, Florida

Stanley

Wirefly sold us an insurance policy for our phone....They have been emailed police reports and every time they receive what they ask for they ask for something additional....It has been a week and still NO replacement phone has been sent !!!There is no one that you can speak with...I guess they think that if they *** you around enough you'll just go awayWHAT MORE COULD THEY POSSIBALY WANT, WE PAID TO PROTECT THE PHONE AND WE HAVE RECEIVED NO SERVICE AT ALLDON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM THEY ARE SWEET AND ACCESSIBLE UNTIL THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY AND THEN ....GOOD LUCK

I am really sorry to hear you are having issues with your MDPA claim. I would like to help you and work with you and MDPA to get your claim resolved ASAP.

If you would please email me your order number and best contact information to onlineupport@wirefly.com, I will have a customer service manager reach out to assist you with your claim for service. I am sorry this has taken so long, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Dallas, Texas
Loss

Ordered My Phone Over a WEEK ago and it still has not been shipped!

I ordered my Galaxy Note II over almost two weeks ago and it still has not been shipped! I am sooo annoyed with this because I paid extra to have it shipped to me so I would have it in time before I move. Now I have moved and Wirefly but me at the end of the shipping list since I now have a new address. I AM SO MAD. I was expecting that phone a long time ago, I want a *** discount for the inconvenience. I am without a cell phone because I sold mine expecting my new one in TWO days. TOTAL ***.

Same issue, ordered a phone they told me was in stock and transferred me to another rep to confirm my order who then told me the phone was NOT in stock. and then they wanted me to choose a different phone that i would have to pay more for.

*** company *** customer service. not honest or informed at all.

I am sorry to hear that you are this upset with the delay in your order being fulfilled. I can assure you that the phone is out of stock, and the carrier has not provided an estimated date on when we will be receiving new inventory due to a national shortage on this phone.

I look forward to hearing from you soon! -Stefan

View more comments (1)
Phoenix, Arizona

Wirefly is a JOKE!

I'm SUPER pissed!!! I purchased a T-mobile Galaxy Note 2 over a week ago only to be told by email after they processed my payment that the phone is not available. I immediately contacted wirefly only to be told “we will send it out tomorrow no need to call us back we'll be in touch”. A couple days later still no word so I contact them back again and told this time ”the phone's not in stock don't know when we’ll have it” basically tuff luck we have your money now. I contacted wirefly again today and was sent to their escalation dept. (great name by the way) and this time I spoke with a Supervisor he tells me basically the same thing. They have no idea when they’ll get the phone so “I just have to wait but then he says” let me check and see if we have anything lying around that we can send you”. Are you kidding me I paid $300 and you wanted to send me a phone that’s lying around? I will never do business again with wirefly they have unacceptable costumer service say “there’s nothing I can do” is not the way to stay No 1. In the future I’ll pay the extra money to T-mobile and have peace of mind!

Hello Bronxallen,

I am sorry to hear that you feel you experienced poor service from us. All of our phones are new. We do not sell any refurbished phones. Could you send us your order information to onlinesupport@wirefly.com so that we can review the contacts on your order. We look forward to speaking with you.

-Stefan

I am sorry to hear that you are this upset with the delay in your order. I can assure you that the phone is out of stock, and the carrier has not notified us yet when the phone will be back in stock.

As for the money, we have not actually taken any money from your account, but we have processed an authrorization. We do not actually charge the card provided to us by the customer until the phone ships. I would like to review your order and make sure that our customer service representatives have handled it properly.

If you would please email us your order number and contact number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to review your order and have a customer service manager reach out to you to work with you on your order processing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

@Kim

I'm sorry to hear that the only thing you acknowledged was the part about the delay in my order and not your customer service! This is my point exactly… To offer a costumer a used or refurbished phone in exchange for a new phone must be ok!

View more comments (3)

NOT a bargain.Customer Svc After Sale Sucks

I purchased two Samsung Galaxy Note II phones for approximately $20 cheaper each phone than if I had purchased at Verizon Store. Shipping was not fast. When I received phones my son acitvated his, I activated mine. As soon as it was time to charge the battery on my sons phone, it wouldn't hold a charge. Verizon store did troubleshooting. It wasn't the battery, it was the phone. Verizon can't help me because I purchased at Wirefly. When I call Wirefly, I have to send the phone back with a return authorization, which puts my son using our spare phone. In the mean time, my stylus has stopped working correctly on my new phone. When I call to check on where my sons phone is since it had been forever since we sent it back (we have been dealing with this since January 18), even they saw how long it had been & promised next day shipping at no charge. When I mentioned that my phone was messed up & I couldn't send it back due to us having one back up phone & them not sending the replacement yet, I was told that it had been more than 14 days & they only warranty for 14 days. It wouldn't have been over 14 days if 1) BOTH phones had not been unreliable 2) they would have sent a replacement in a timely fashion without my having to follow up on them not doing their job. When I brought this to their attention, I was told I could call Samsung & they acted as if it were an operator error that Samsung could walk me through. It's a stylus, this isn't rocket science. They also sold me a replacement service, but CANCELLED IT on their own on MY phone when I returned my sons phone for replacement. It was heck trying to get that back straightened out. Oh, and that next day delivery I was promised on my sons phone took about 3 days. It would have definitely been worth the extra $20 per phone to receive a quality, reliable product, to be able to go right up the road for service & them be able to help me, and to get a replacement on the spot if needed. Ordering from Wirefly was a HUGE mistake. I like to save money, but this was not a savings. I want to get the word out to as many people as I can so they don't make the same mistake I did. My son was without his phone for over a month while I have made do with my phone not operating correctly during that time due to not having TWO back up phones. The worst part is when I brought it to their attention & was given a "sorry" that was said like "sucks to be you sucker!"

Hi rocketgirl912,

I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience. I understand why you are so upset, as this does not sound like the type of experience we want our customers to have.

If you would please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to review your order and see what we can do to assist you with your defective phones. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Chattanooga, Tennessee

A Samsung Galaxy S3 that didn't work

So I heard about this wonderful site called wirefly.com and how they have the best deals on cell phones. So I paid them a visit and found a Samsung Galaxy S3 on sale for $79.99. At first, I said to myself that something isn't right because why is the price so low for this popular phone! On 2/2/13, I spent *** near an hour on the phone with the the consultant going over the terms and then I decided I wanted to purchase the phone and the total price I paid which included insurance was $87.48. Well I wish I had followed my first mind because when I received the phone on 2/6/13, the *** thing didn't work. I plugged in the charger and the orange power light came on and then it suddenly turned off! After that the phone just would not turn on. I called wirefly and they told me to call sprint tech. support. I called sprint and they told me it was a device issue and to call wirefly. Sprint was very good at helping me btw. Before I go on any further, wirefly guaranteed that they sold brand new phones and not refurbished ones. They also said they test all their products to make sure they work before they send them out to their customers. I wonder did a *** chimpanzee or goat test out my cell phone before they sent it to me because mines just wouldn't work! So I sent the phone back the following Monday and I tracked its progress everyday on fedex.com. They finally received the phone on Friday, the 15th, and I was told it takes 24 hours to receive a refund. So I called them yesterday which was Monday the 18th, and still no refund. I expressed my anger and the lady told me she was going to send my matter to escalations and everything should be fine. Well this morning I checked my email and wirefly.com said a refund has been issued and to please allow 10 days for the credit to be posted to my account! They said it takes 24 hours for a refund and on Monday, that totaled to be 72 hours! I will NEVER order another phone from wirefly.com! NEVER! I am beyond upset! I am hysterical, I am irate, I am furious with their customer service! They promised me the phone would work and how they are the number 1 online cell phone retailer! You guys suck wirefly! You really disappointed me! I will never order from you guys again! DO NOT ORDER FROM WIREFLY.COM! Instead, go to Bestbuy, Sprint, or even on amazon.com to order cell phones!

I am sorry to hear that you had this issue with the phone you purchased from us. I assure you that our phones are brand new, from the carrier and we do not sell any that have been used previously.

Our customer service agents should have been better at explaining our process to you and assisting you with your return.

If you would please email me your order number and contact information to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to review your order, see what happened, make sure we process your credit asap, and review the contacts so that we make sure this does not happen to another customer. We look forward to hearing from you soon so we can address your order issues for you.

Oakland, California
Loss

Took my money and canceled my order.

decided it was time to upgrade my contract. after placing an order i never got an email, but see the money deducted from my account. I eventual pulled up my order from their main site using my phone number and zip code and see that I've gotten my "carrier approval" and now "awaiting validation". Next morning i contacted customer care to find out how long does the validation process last, they ask me a couple and questions to pull up my order and says my order is canceled and my order page has switched to canceled status at that moment. They told me i don't pass their "fraud screenings" and dont tell my what the problem might be and told me that replacing the order will not help. lets hope they honor my refund. i gave them the information regarding my account and i gave them the money, how didnt i pass their fraud screenings? =(

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to pass our verification screening. I would like to work with you to make sure that your authorization release is processed as quickly as possible.

If you would please email us your order number and contact information, I will have a customer service manager reach out to assist you with releasing the authorized hold we have on your account for you.

The email address to send to is: onlinesupport@wirefly.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

ID
#381966 Review #381966 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Brooklyn, New York

FRAUD - LIARS - THIEVES

I posted the other day about the phone arriving all smudged and fingerprinted and my experience with customer service. Well their office of the president called and left a message. He said that they check each phone before sending and put the sim card in. Well, the sim card wasn't put in my phone, it was attached to a little card. So I go to activate the card. And guess what? The Sim card won't work. They swear it is activated but the phone tells me over and over again that I need to put a sim card in. their customer service finally tells me that I need to call Verizon. Verizon tells me that I'm doing everything right and we end up having to do a hard reset to make it work. The next day I notice that the back cover is lifted on one side. It wasn't the night before. I'm so frustrated by this point that I take it right to Verizon. They tell me that the tab is broken. Since I read all these horror stories about trying to return a phone to Wirefly and being charged the full amount, I say screw it and just ask the Verizon guy to order a replacement back since apparantly this phone has to be activated for 6 months or they charge my card. I'm thinking I can move forward from here. That I just don't want anymore hassle from wirefly. When guess what, I get an email from verizon about a change to my account due to the upgrade. Wirefly promised me they were keeping my original plan and that nothing would change. I confirmed this several times. I confirmed it with Verizon too. I sign on to read the letter and look at my plan and it DID change. My law enforcement discount was removed and there is also an extra line charge. This is ***. Wirefly I'm sick of you and I will NEVER refer anyone to you. The only press you're going to get from me is negative. I want my account fixed and I want it fixed now. But I'm taking care of it with Verizon. God forbid you get involved again. Who knows what you will screw up next.

Hi Ms. Golub,

I am sorry that you feel this way about us. We are happy and willing to work with you, and that includes a free exchange. We need to speak with you so that we can 1) process the exchange, and 2) we are happy to call the carrier with you on the phone to rectify any changes to your plan for you. We have had our Director of Activations review your order and speak with your carrier on your behalf, and we were told that you still qualify for the discount you had, and we have not changed your plan in any way. The only new fee we were told was on your account is the Upgrade Fee, that the carrier charges.

We want to work with you to address your issues, though you are refusing to do that. We will try to reach out to you to work with you and your carrier to address and resolve all of your concerns.

Sincerely,

Kim

Prescott Valley, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article