Most helpful review

The New Wirefly Is Awesome

The New Wirefly Is Awesome
I was surprised to see that no one had reviewed the new Wirefly here, so I thought I'd chime in. Wirefly was purchased in 2014 and re-launched by new owners as a comprehensive comparison site for cell phone plans, internet, TV, and more. It has nothing to do with the old Wirefly (owned by Simplexity, which went out of business). All it has in common is the domain name which the new owners bought and built their own site on. The new Wirefly doesn't sell anything, doesn't have inventory, and doesn't ship anything. It is simply a comparison site for services so people can make informed decisions. I highly recommend Wirefly if you are comparing home services like cell phone plans or Internet.
ID
Pros
  • Ease of use
  • Saving money
  • Design
Reason of review
Good customer service

Verified Reviewer

My phone was lost and/or stolen and I have no way of contacting Wirefly to replace it. I had my phone from wirefly for about a year when it was lost/stolen. And, when I tried to contact Wirefly about it, I couldn't find any contact information that worked. I have been paying monthly for the protection plan. And now i don't have a phone. But, what I don't understand is, why Wirefly would not have any contact information that can be found on the website My phone was lost and/or stolen and I have no way of contacting Wirefly to replace it.

Samsung claims the phone has "moisture damage" but they never took it apart, the warranty seal is still intact and I can not find any means to contact wirefly as I paid for the guranteed replacement protection..***! Never buy from Wirefly or Samsung again!!

Wirefly went bankrupt in March (Chapter 7). I.e.

the owners walked away from all their obligations and let a bankruptcy court deal with liquidating assets. Tough luck for anyone who was owed money and/or services, such as you.

More details at http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/13/phone-retailer-wireflysimplexity-allegedly-closing-down-and-filing-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy/

View more comments (1)
ID

I place an order for two mobile one was sent and the other was pending

hi i place an order on 14th feb with order number 38078****. in which two verizon lines with samsung galaxy note 3 an samsung galaxy s4 was bought.i have received the samsung galaxy note 3 and they send me the wrong color first then i returned it and the replacement never came to me.still the samsung galaxy s4 was pending as they say don't have it in the stock all the time.now when i call to wirefly i am get to know that they shutdown the company. i don't know what to do.please help me regarding this.

how did you pay for it. Credit card?

try calling the credit card company to launch an investigation and for credit.

Charlotte, North Carolina

WireFly= Bad Business STAY AWAY

I have never been treated so RUDE and with disrespect in my entire life and coming from a company in this day of age the one of there mainstays is Customer service, this company lacks it all departments. After ordering 2 phones on a Groupon that was then sent to Wirefly on ordering. Here it comes. Order 2 phones and order was placed and then a following email was sent for tracking purposes. Well ok get the email was saying the phones that was order well be sent on 2 different dates, Ok should been the seen the RED flags coming plus the accessory was sent in different packages.Really? Ok then once received the phones neither on said date was given pre-set up with SIM card and number already activated. Ok so I am charged for a week of service that a phone already set up with Verizon . Tried to change a number with the carrier Verizon which was fine, And then get a threatening letter from Wirefly collection department Simplexity saying I owe $400 for breach of contract. Only had phone 10 days and contract is with Verizon still and Wirefly said I broke contract. So 2 months later Wirefly still is trying to sue me even though Verizon is saying the contract originally made is the same. SO you know what stear clear of this company at ALL cost. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I am very sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your order. I would like to work with you to see if we can resolve this.

If you would please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com, I will be happy to see if this is something we can resolve for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Loss

Worst customer service EVER!!!

What an ordeal this has been. Tried to order 2 phones days ago. Keep getting calls for more info and for the other person on my account. 30 minutes on the phone yesterday and they still didn't figure it out. Couldn't reach a live person so did online chat for 30 minutes today, they finally gave me a number to reach a live person. I called and they put me on hold for 10 minutes. I finally cancelled. These guys suck. This is why I was trying to switch companies. Looks like I almost made another big mistake. Hopefully they know how to do one thing correctly...CANCEL MY ORDER!!!

I am very sorry to hear that you had this experience. It does not sound right and I would like to work with you to address this, make sure your order is cancelled and see how I can assist you. Please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com and I will be happy to assist you ASAP.

Healdsburg, California

BUYERS BEWARE

Think twice before you purchase from this company ! I was sold a refurbished phone and when I called they lied to me and said they never sell used devices. Well I guess I must just be *** for thinking that having pictures and numbers already saved meant it was USED !!! I called and spoke to customer service, which again was a joke, none of them speak English and they made me feel like I was some kind of *** because they sold me a used phone. Had I known this was going to be such a huge waste of my time I would have spent the extra money and gone somewhere else. I really wish I had shopped around more before I used this poor excuse for a cell phone company. BUYERS BEWARE !

I am very sorry to hear you have had this experience with us. I can assure you we do not sell used or refurbished phones, we get our phones directly from the carrier or their distributors.

That being said, it is possible that they sent us a phone that was not brand new, and for that I sincerely apologize. I would like to review your order and see how we can make this right for you.

Please email me your order number to onlinesupport@wirefly.com and I will review it and reach out to you ASAP. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

ID
#431975 Review #431975 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Nobody speaks English

I have been having issues with this company for over a month. It started with a defective device being shipped to me, and now it seems to just be getting worse. They won't replace my device and now I find out that the whole company is outsourced. I was dealing directly with the Office of the president and now I find out that I can no longer be transferred because they no longer exist. Terrible business practices not that I was getting anywhere before, but now I have to speak to representatives that can barely understand the English language. *** poor company !

I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems with your order. I work at our HQ in Reston, VA and would like to see how I might be able to assist you.

If you would please email me your order information, I will be happy to review it and have a manager from our HQ reach out to assist you.

You can email me at onlinesupport@wirefly.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon, so that we can try to resolve your order issues.